Old July 22nd 03, 05:16 AM
Duke

I appreciate the ideas. I have thought about the commercial angle, but
those blades are beyond the scale we were shooting for here. Our target
goal was under 1000 lbs dry weight for the whole craft and we were looking
to pin the rotor head weight+drive train+motor under 300 lbs total w/o
blades. The bigger blades are definitely great, but they are much heavier
which leads to the requirement for a much larger rotor head than we hoped to
finish with.

I work in the Oil and Gas Industry and am very familiar with the PHI,
Airlog, etc groups. I actually tried to get a set of old tail rotor blades
from the PHI guys in Lafayette for and unrelated project, but the answer I
got from their technical guy was that they couldn't do that as they were
required to send the blades back to (someplace I can't remember anymore) for
disposal.

Thanks,
Mike
ovrlrds at swbell dot net

"Del Rawlins" wrote in message
On 19 Jul 2003 12:52 PM, Wright1902Glider posted the following:
Have you tried contacting one of the commercial companies like
Petroleum Helicopters or Air Logistics? Both of them are located in (
or near) Lafayette, LA. If the blades from a Bell 206 would be of use
to you, they might be able to help. Otherwise, you might also try
Barnstormers.com (.net?).

The local A&P school here in Anchorage has trouble obtaining helicopter
components for use in classes because they tend to be time limited items,
and once the time is expired the owners usually cut them up or return
them to the manufacturer to be destroyed.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/