Old February 17th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
CRaSH

Default Epidemic of cracked windshields in KDEN, explanation unknown

Kev wrote:

On the other hand, they mentioned 100 mph ground winds, and that means
flying rocks to me. Windshield replacement is a big business out
there due to so much gravel on the roads

A few decades back we toured the s/e part of Australia by car. At the more
rural towns, the first signs you saw were advertisements for windscreen
replacement. Metal screens in front of your windshield (windscreen) and
headlights were a common sight............