Old February 18th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Blanche

Default Epidemic of cracked windshields in KDEN, explanation unknown

Winds on Thursday & Friday reached over 100 mph in the foothills.
We don't use salt, as a rule, on the roads. Ice slicer and a
combination of fine rocks. Add to this the everyday, run-of-the-mill
rocks and gravel kicked up on the roads, and it's normal to replace
the windshields every 2-4 years (I'm due this year. Last change
was in 2004). Get these winds, a few hefty rocks, and
a new windshield sooner than expected.

KDEN is surrounded by empty fields (for the most part), which means
lots of "stuff" in the area that is kicked up by the winds.