Old March 24th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Sylvain

Default Aircraft as mobile homes

Mxsmanic wrote:
Has anyone done this? Is it a practical project, or are there things that
make it impractical or impossible to use an aircraft as a camper or RV?

I thought about something like that: aircraft big enough to carry a
motorbike and be self sufficient; then I ran the numbers:
turns out to be a heck of a lot cheaper to get the smaller aircraft
that fits your travelling needs, and rent a car/bike and a hotel
room at each destination (and you'll be a lot more confortable
overall). Actually, I wonder if the same holds true for the large
RV as well.

--Sylvain