Old March 28th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

Default Aircraft as mobile homes

"Sylvain" wrote in message
t...
Nobody wrote:
The ultimate would be an AN-124 where you can litterally drive your
mobile
home onto the plane and then fly away. (and the neat thing is that this
is
a RORO concept since you can enter the plane from the back and leave from
the front).

this is interesting: we do not have the same concept of ultimate luxury
:-)
For me, the ultimate luxury would be to travel wherever I want with
nothing
more than the clothes I am wearing and a credit card (traveling first
class
everywhere, fancy hotels, etc.); now if I want to fly myself, may be
a nice Falcon (but still staying in fancy hotels); camping out is really
not something I would want to do when/if I reach this point :-))

--Sylvain

I think that's why we see so few of these projects. If someone can afford
and operate an aircraft that expensive, they are going to opt for more
luxury when they get there. I certainly would.

Someone else had a good point also. You would have to have a shower and lav
for any kind of comfort on overnight visits, and most airports small enough
to welcome this type of visit would probably be ill equipped to offload the
waste.