Old May 3rd 04, 05:09 PM
Stu & Kathy Fields

I just finished making the doors for my Safari in which I glued (Sikafles)
the Lexan to 3/8" 4130 tubing. So far..So good. The proof will be how they
last over the arishow circuit this summer. I do however, have 4
penetrations of the Lexan occurring at the hinges and two latches so even if
the the Sikaflex doesn't work as advertised, the door is not going to got
get my tail rotor....
Stu Fields Safari pilot
"Michael Pilla" wrote in message
. ..
"Eugene Wendland" wrote in message
What is the adhesive that is used to install the windscreen/canopy to

their
respective frames. I'm replacing the canopy on my Pazmany Pl-2. At
present, I have about fifty screws attaching each half of the Plexiglas to
the sliding canopy. Rather than risking drilling and tightening all those
screws in the Plexiglas, I think a more modern approach would be the
adhesive found in Glastars, Glasairs, etc.

Does anyone know the commercial name of this product?

Regards

Eugene

http://home.cogeco.ca/~pl2/paz.html

---------------------

There was an article in Sport Aviation back a few months that described
using SikaFlex for adhering the canopy for a Van's RV-4, IIRC.
Try this, for starters:
http://www.sikaindustry.com/ind/ipd-tds_msds.htm

I did a Google search back when the article came out and there was plenty

of
info on the various varieties of SikaFlex including some excellent

tutorials
on priming, adhering to aluminum, powder coated frames, etc.

Michael Pilla