Old September 27th 04, 07:12 PM
Ron Natalie

"Mike Noel" wrote in message ...
A pilot friend mentioned an alleged conversation he had with Phil Boyer, the
president of AOPA. Supposedly he asked if the AOPA would support either
presidential candidate and was told that AOPA had already supported George W
Bush through political contributions. I can find nothing to back up this
claim. Does anyone else have any information?

AOPA the organinzation is NOT permitted to provide financial support to any
candidate. To do this they have a seperate organization called the AOPA PAC.
Your dues don't go to the PAC, the PAC are those obnoxious junk mailers and
telemarketing scum that go sucking for money.

As near as I know the AOPA PAC is only active in funding candidates for the
House and Senate.