Old July 25th 03, 08:23 PM
Mutts

I am so paranoid that I get two briefings, one through duats at
home
and then right after pre-flight I call the FSS with my cell
phone and talk to an actual human for the absolute freshest
info. TFRs pop up alot in southern california
with all our wildfires so it can be rather dynamic.

I hope we find out how the motorcade guy screwed up. Its
possible
I guess that he got a briefing and the FSS screwed up. If he
didnt get a briefing at all then its really his fault.

In article , says...

It wasn't just one aircraft, either. It was almost every
airplane that was coming in to the city from the surrounding
airports. And without fail, they all said that they'd

listened
to the ATIS, but it was apparent that they'd only left it on
long enough to get the information version letter (either that
or they didn't understand the phrase "Pilots are advised that
the airpace within a one mile radius of the Molson Indy and

from
ground to 5000 feet is restricted").

I felt bad for the poor controller -- he was working alone,

tower
and ground, and having to deal with really busyt airpsace and

lots
and lots of pilots who didn't bother getting any information

before
their flights. By the end, he was starting to get a little

bit
snippy, and to tell the truth, I can't say as I blamed him...

- awh