Old February 23rd 05, 07:44 PM
Colin W Kingsbury

OK, I'll bite.

"Peterpan" wrote in message
. ..

Notice in the above link TECHNICAL disciplines like Computer Science and
ELECTRONIC Engineering make an average of 15.5 percent MORE
compensation than:

Civil Engineering Degrees

We're building a lot more computers and software and a lot fewer roads and
bridges compared to 20, 30, 40 years ago.

Notice also that Technical disciplines are compensated 25 percent more

than:

Business Administration Degrees

Any jackass can get a business degree. All it means these days is you had
the time and money to pay for it. A BS or MS requires a modicum of real
skill (esp. math) that many people simply do not have.

So, why are most of the so called MANAGERS?? in the Southern Region FAA
making MORE money with Non-Technical degrees than the people under them
with TECHNICAL degrees or training???

Are you Curious???

No. Nearly every technology company I've worked in has non-technical people
managing engineers.

Why are NON-TECHNICAL people managing TECHNICAL people in the Southern
Region FAA? Why do FAA Middle Managers inform their most experienced
technical people:

"You don't need a Technical background to manage people in a TECHNICAL
discipline"(Atlanta SMO Manager quote to a 26 year NAVCOM TID last year)

He's right. When I managed a professional services department (software) I
spent 90% of my time dealing with people issues. Often the very best
technical people are terrible managers. It really is a different skillset.
Techies can absolutely learn to be managers too, but managers can also learn
to grasp the important points of technical issues.

"THE EMPEROR (FAA SOUTHERN REGION MANAGEMENT) HAS NO CLOTHES"
"POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS TYRANNY WITH MANNERS"

Take a deep breath, You're starting to sound like the guy in the movie
"Falling Down."

-cwk.