Old July 12th 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.what-if,alt.news-media
Matt Giwer

Default Israel Threatens to Hit Damascus-Next step of A Clean Break?:

Dan wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Matt Giwer wrote:

He threw rocks at a tank. ELEVEN days later he was murdered by a sniper.

He was killed BECAUSE it was caught on film and he was on his way to becoming a
role model. So he was murdered in cold blood.

Seems to me that when someone chooses to be a combatant in a war, one
cannot complain if one's chosen enemy decides to shoot back at you --
whether immediately or a bit later. Sniping at enemy combatants is
quite legal under any version of the Laws of War.

Ah I see so the soloution to some rioting teenagers in LA or New York,
is call out the National Gaurd and shoot them all, or is that only OK
if they are Muslim?

So the reason the UK put up with terrorism for 30 years is we did not
"do the right thing" which was obviously implement operation "Peace for
Ulster", invade Republic of Ireland, put Dublin under siege and destroy
with Heavy Artillary for 95 days, then send RAF to to destroy the
fundraising capitals of the terrorists, New York and Boston.

Or as an Irish friend once said, If the Irish had the political power of the
Jews, America would have bombed London by now.

--
When western nations renounce the right to resistance to foreign occupation
they can honestly demand Palestinians do so.