Old March 19th 15, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Update your complete PowerFlarm system. Core, Butterfly Displayand FlarmNet Database.

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 5:43:12 PM UTC-7, Craig Reinholt wrote:
Well. You are partially correct. I updated my PowerFlarm core to 6.0 and my Butterfly 57mm display to 3.4 without issue.
However, the database for Flarmnet is suspect. The Flarmnet version I downloaded this morning updated properly. The version showed on the display as normal upon bootup. My friend did exactly the same with his PowerFLARM with all the same updates as our gliders were side by side. However, while we could see each other, only our Hex numbers came across. Our competition numbers were gone. Are we missing something (such as an American file for data)?
Here is the link for Flarmnet database we used.
http://www.flarmnet.org/files/index.php

How does the encrypted flarmnet database affect PDA software such as SYM, XCSoar, Winpilot, etc.? Isn't that where the decoding as to what name and competition number goes with what serial number is done?