Old November 10th 05, 10:14 PM
Capt. Geoffry Thorpe

Default Chevy LS2 and Trans??? any real issues besides weight

"MrV" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanx for the reply, i actually messed up in my previous post. the
intended numbers are 3200 to 3500 rpm and the propeller spinning approx
2500 to 2700 rpm.

why isn't a car tranny good ? it seems to do just what i want for
years in millions of cars reliably? Isn't the mated transmission made
to convert the slightly oval engine rotation into the circular motion
nec. for the prop? and also damp vib?

now the belt drive u mention seems reasonable but i really really don't
want my engine spinning faster than 3500 rpm:

thanx again

mrv

The car transmission is not designed to run for hundreds of hours at high
loads in a lower gear. Lower gears in a car only accumulate tens of hours
over the life of the car. Plus you will be hauling a lot of excess iron
/aluminum around - excess weight is just about the last thing one needs in
an aircraft unless the intent is to minimize performance...

Slightly oval motion ot circular motion??????? It's just gears.

Damp vibrations? Not from a prop...

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com