Old April 18th 20, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default It's OK to soar

On 4/17/20 5:55 PM, Frank Whiteley wrote:

On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 3:13:33 PM UTC-6, Paul Agnew wrote:

My daughter's an epidemiologist and is pretty certain I already had it at the beginning of February. I was down for ten days with all of the symptoms, including coughing, shortness of breath, fever for five days, fatigue, and aches. My doctor made a comment about the flu leaving people with a lingering cough...

I'm waiting for the availability of an antibody test to verify whether I had it or not.

I returned to a 'sick house' on Feb 25 after the convention. My wife spent several days mostly in bed, grandsons were sick with some missed school days, daughter too. My son-in-law seems okay and has been working regularly. By the next Monday I was in bed mostly for a low grade daily fever, aches, listlessness, little appetite, and chest congestion and sinus infection. On the ninth day with a fever I checked into my clinic and was tested negatively for flu and the suggestion if I still had a fever in another three days to check back in. I wanted to also make sure I wasn't presenting with strep and the doc said it didn't appear so. So, we may have had it. Kids are schooling online, daughter and wife are not working and everything social is online mostly or phone calls or neighbor speak. If you don't like Zoom, check out Jitsi. Snowed twice this week and record cold temps last night, which made staying indoors easier. Likewise waiting for the antibody test. Death clusters in the rest homes locally unfortunately.

Frank Whiteley

Not to mention a major covid outbreak at a local meat packing plant, 4
fatalities and something like 40 confirmed infections.