Old September 20th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

Default Is rudder required for coordinated turns?

"nrp" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom Young wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:02:58 GMT, Jose ... wrote:
The only plane I know of that had interconnect is the Ercoupe.

Our '51 TriPacer (S/N 13) had rudder-to-airleron interconnects which we
hooked up before annual insp but tied off before anyone wanted to fly
it afterwards. I never understood why there was an interconnect.

Marketing.

Some manufacturers wanted people to view flying as being just like driving.
After all, you don't steer a car with your feet, right?

Jay B