Old December 31st 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Default Diamond DA-40 headroom

My recollection was that I saw cruise speeds in the mid to high 130s
but not as high as 140kts (If I average my upwind & downwind
performance). I wasn't really pushing it though with a high speed
cruise, since I wasn't going far. On a different topic, does anyone
know what Diamond changed in the DA40XL to achieve the upgraded
performance numbers? I believe they are claiming a cruise of 158kts on
the XL. I'm assuming this required a 200hp engine, a different prop, or
something significant. The basic plane is pretty clean aerodynamically
so there doesn't seem to be significant potential in cleaning it up to
get it to go faster.

On Dec 31, 12:24 pm, "BT" wrote:
Was that 135IAS? last I flew a DA-40-180, we had 145KTAS at 10,500MSL
BT