Old May 27th 05, 11:39 PM
John Galban

T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:

No. Just the rubber ducky positioned well forward and high
with the handheld. I was intending to install an external
(may still do it) but performance has been good enough so
far that I haven't felt compelled to take that step yet.

Going with the external vs. the rubber duck should make a significant
difference in reliability. I had an external for my handheld on my old
Cessna and it performed just as well as a panel mounted radio. The
same could not be said for the rubber duck. It sometimes transmitted
well, sometimes not at all, depending on the orientation of the radio
and the receiving station.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)