Old October 1st 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CareBear

Default New to the Newsgroup

Thanks. I'm not racing to get my ppl. My objective is to learn as much as
I can and do things the right way.

CareBear

"Greg Farris" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Congratulations on getting your ppl. I hope to get mine before the year
is
over.

You'll get it when you get it. Depending on what the weather is doing, and
how
much time you have to consecrate, it can take longer.

Don't be impressed by the young ones who claim to have soloed after 7
hours and
were ready for the PPL well before the 40-hour limit. In today's
regulatory
context, 60h is more typical.

It's a highly rewarding thing you're doing.

GF