Old October 24th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Francisco De Almeida

Default Best Glide computer and why

Any Zander users? [...] I understadnt eh Zander has a stick grip with =
control functions for=20
teh computer, sounds like a greaat idea.

=20
I use a Zander SR940 computer coupled to a Zander GP941 logger. The =
precision, robustness and quality are superb. Currently I do not use a =
PDA as I did not enjoy the cables in the cockpit and most of the =
functionality is available in the Zander anyway.
=20
The stick grip controls are very comfortable. I built my own, following =
the instructions contained in the handbook.
=20
The drawback of the Zander is that it must be learned; I find myself =
re-reading the user notes at the beginning of each flying season. There =
are a lot of functions and options to explore if you want to use all the =
potential of the instrument.
=20
After-sales servicing is without reproach in my experience, but Mr =
Zander does not care for marketing. His communication with customers is =
minimalist, at least in English. Perhaps now with sales and service =
available through SDI as well, English-speaking customers may find more =
sympathetic service.