Old September 20th 04, 10:44 AM
Cub Driver

Some bad news. I looked at pics of the outside display aircraft and
they appear to most probably were just have been tied down.

They appear to were just have been tied down?

Try "They appear to have merely been tied down"--that is, no heroic
measures such as being mounted on plyons. The poster could have been
tired, or he could have been educated in an American public school in
the past thirty years.

(Actually, I seem to recall a Hornet? or two being pylon-mounted in a
near-vertical climb at the museum.)

As it does for Al (Old Hoodoo), this news breaks my heart, because
after six years the Finnish Brewster Buffalo safely arrived at
Pensacola barely four weeks ago. I hope it survived the blow and the
rain all right, and I hope that the damage to the museum won't delay
my chances of viewing the airplane into a seventh year!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com