Old December 9th 19, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 15 Hour Wonders

On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 7:22:28 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
The FAA has made it possible for glider plots with very limited time to acquire a CFIG rating with only 15 hours of total glider time. This is truly an accident waiting to happen, what could a glider pilot actually know with such limited time? What do you think?

Has this ever been a problem? 99.99% of power CFIs are too smart, sensible, and scared to become CFIG add ons in 15 hours and go to battle with students. Chances are the .01% don't want to become CFIGs. Plus clubs have the ability to say no thank you to 15 hour CFIGs. I suppose it is a sort of loophole, or those guys are cheating compare to the 'I ran wings for 20 years before becoming a CFIG' crowd, yawn. No need to ask for more restrictions and no need to lose sleep over having more freedom than might be sensible, if such a thing is even possible.