Old February 8th 04, 01:14 PM
Abafon Goula

Isn't the 250 the one with the integrated GPS? BTW, many a friend who
do not need ego boosters are using these King displays. They look
great, and for the money, do a good job. Now one of these, with a
KX155 with g/s and a simple IFR GPS/COM would be all the weekend pilot
would need for any IFR work and that occasional trip to vacationland.
With the money you'll save, you can buy that Ferrari!

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 00:30:01 -0400, "carlos"
wrote:

I've pretty much narrowed down my multi-function display to one of these two
models (King MDF-150 and MFD-250).

I'd love to hear any comments and/or preferences regarding these.

The 150 has a larger screen but the 250 has a relative terrain mapping
feature (terrain is colored according to your current altitude). They both
interface to a WX-500 Stormscope and have internal GPS, as well as
connecting to my external one (Apollo GX-55).

Price seems to be quite close and while the 150 has the larger screen, the
250 will interface to radar and tcas systems (which I don't currently have).

Thanks for any thoughts,

CGP.