Old October 20th 03, 06:25 PM
John Morgan

"Roger Druce" wrote in message
u...
Perhaps someone out in r.a.s land may be able to point me in the direction
of a commercial piece of equipment which would perform the following task.

I would like to be able to charge up a 12 volt (nominal) gell cell battery
and then plug it into a piece of equipment to check its total AmpHour
capacity during discharge at some constant rate current (say the "10 hour"
rate or the "20 hour" rate). All this towards assessing whether the

battery
has proven useful capacity and life left in it, or has it reached its
discard date?

Check

http://www.laaudiofile.com/elkbltv2.html

for a quick review and then search Google for ELK battery tester.

My company uses these to test batteries in the field. While the ELK tester
won't do all the things you asked, it tests batteries quickly and gives, in
my experience, an accurate assessment of the battery's remaining life. And
at just over $100 USD, it's not that expensive.
--
bumper - ZZ
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

---