Old November 6th 03, 10:12 PM
BMacLean

Don't get on me for my choice of words, Robert. The term "scary" was just
being girly. You know, you just try to have a pleasant conversation and
maybe a little fun on this newsgroup and you get chastised. Everybody's got
to take the opportunity to show their "superiority." So you want to be
serious...I perhaps invest too much personally in my students and I want
them to do so well and have such a good experience that I feel it deeply.
My students know I care but maybe not how much. They're just acutely aware
that I have the utmost confidence in them and by solo they have it in
themselves. Thanks, Mark. You get my drift. (No windsock pun intended.)

Barb

"Robert Ehrlich" wrote in message
BMacLean wrote:

Omigosh, I forgot about that experience. I think it's scarier sending
someone else up on their first solo than doing your own.

It was not scary when I did my own, so I hope it won't be scary when
I would sending my first student solo, neither for me nor for him. It
is the instructor's job to do so that it is not scary for the student.
Well this is a wish, we will see what the reality will be.