Old January 24th 19, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Ox Cylinder ASW27

I have a friend who just bought a 27b and is concerned about the steel
bottle not passing hydro-static testing.Â* He has an aluminum cylinder
which is within about 1/16" of fitting but the clamp won't open enough
to allow the fit.Â* It appears that the bottle will just fit horizontally
in front of the wing spar and there's room to install proper mounting
clamps.Â* He's small enough that the bottle will stand diagonally behind
the seat back.Â* Again clamps would need to be installed.

Any comments that I could pass along to him?

On 1/23/2019 10:01 PM, Gary Wayland wrote:
On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 10:40:26 PM UTC-5, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 9:30:16 AM UTC-6, Scott Williams wrote:
https://legacy.life-assist.com/Produ...-Cylinders/929
One U.S. option is a Luxfer M15 carbon wrapped oxygen cylinder available from some EMS suppliers, link to one above, comes with a post valve, so you would need an adapter or change the valve to a Sherwood YVBA 5454-xx-75 g.
some of these suppliers require a doctors script.
Good luck,
Scott

One important thing to know about CF O2 cylinders is that they have a limited lifespan of 15 years versus steel and aluminum cylinders which have an unlimited lifespan (according to the Aerox web site).

You would think we would have a solution for the ASW27 after all these years. It's only 2019, and we still can't get a bottle off the shelves for some air without a lot of footwork..

Thank you all for the help.

And, I'm using the tank to house my Emergency supplies, keys, and crap... This real estate is too tempting not to be using since I live on the east coast of USA and will never need Ox.

Gary
"SQ"

--
Dan, 5J