Old May 11th 20, 06:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default tow vehicles?

I'm planning on towing a Ventus in a cobra from Utah to Fl. with a 2025 VW GTI. Any issues?

I don't know exactly which GTI you have, but most of them are rated by the manufacturer as "Not Recommended for Towing". I wouldn't want to risk over-heating the transmission or getting into an accident.

If this is a one-time trip, then you can try uship.com. I recently had a sailplane delivered from California to Chicago for less than $800. I couldn't have done it much cheaper myself. Note that uship prices are hit or miss. Sometimes I get great prices, and other times I don't.