Old September 25th 04, 11:32 PM
Krztalizer

Back to the IO -- as one of the "junior" Ensigns, I had the
"privilege" of walking vice flying onbd at cruise start. As we passed
the row of liberty boats with IKE on their sterns, I was thinking
"this is going to be one long cruise...."

Will Dossel
Last of the Steeljaws (VAW-122)

I felt exactly the same way - it was a glum ship that left Pier 12 that day.
When the Chaplain dropped dead outside his stateroom, that sealed it. To look
back across the next year and realize we didn't lose anyone else is still
amazing to me. When we got home, I was flown off in a CH-53, on my way to
aircrew school at Pensacola. That next year turned out pretty exciting, too!

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.