Old September 5th 05, 04:36 AM
W P Dixon

I tell you!,
Listening to some of the folks on here talk about flying gliders , I
really can see that as being part of my personal training agenda. Hey I may
only going to be a sport pilot, and they have their standards of 15 duel and
5 solo. But I really do not care about the standards in hours. I will be a
good pilot when I am done. Thus serious tailwheel training,...even will go
to St Louis and do a Luscombe checkout when the time comes. Spin training is
on the agenda with some aero, and I really have to consider the benefits to
be gained from the experience of gliders..really think it would just do alot
to improve anyones skills who has never spent time in one. The same can be
said for a taildragger !
Sky-diving OH I AM GAME FOR THAT!!!!!! I used to love repelling from
choppers in the Corps, and tried and tried to get them to send me to jump
school! I'd love it. Oh geesh another expensive hobby for my broke butt!!!
HAHAHAHAHA It would be alot of fun to try at least once though! I do kinda
worry about the impact on my leg?

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"john smith" wrote in message
. ..
W P Dixon wrote:
Yep,
See why I drive 5 hours to go fly with them? Before it's all over I
will fly the Stearman and will do spin training as well. Just simple
flying at it's best, a grass field in real good shape,...and close enough
to "things to do for the family" Pretty much decided to get checked out
in the Cub after I get done with the Champ. I sure can't find anywhere
cheaper, and I sure can not find those planes to rent within a days drive

Don't forget to make a skydive and get an hour of glider instruction while
you are there! :-))