Old June 5th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default What's the best PC joystick?

* John Doe :
What is the best joystick for personal computer gaming?

That depends on what games you think of. As you're posting to
rec.aviation.simulators I guess you're talking mostly of flight sims.

Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS:
http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/

I do use it also with civil flight simulation. All the knobs give you
a real advantage in usability.

Things I have assigned to buttons for civil flight simming:

- extend flaps
- retract flaps
- extend/retract gear
- speed brakes / spoilers
- parking brake
- wheel brakes (have no pedals yet)
- differential wheel brakes left/right (- " -)
- reverse thrust
- COM1 transmit for ATC comms
- Autopilot disconnect
- Autothrust disconnect
- TO/GA thrust
- elevator trim up/down
- view direction
- zoom in/out
- choosing view position
- toggle kneeboard
- antenna elevation axis being used for rudder / nose wheel steering

And of course of you're into F-16 simming (Falcon 4.0 AF greeting), it's
THE stick+throttle system of your dreams (it's not perfect unmodified,
but comes close). :-)

Best regards,
Daniel