Old June 15th 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

Default the worst part of the year ...

In article , Blanche
wrote:

A few days. The quickest was 24 hours. The longest annual
is not something I want to think about...

This is for a cherokee 140.

Ah, remember. There's an annual inspection. *Then* there's all
the work you want done, and all the work needed to fix the
things that the inspection found.

An inspection shouldn't take more than a few days, depending on
how busy the IA is. All the other work, well, that's another
story entirely.....

In my example above, the 24 hour annual included inspection, normal service,
and the replacement of a cracked muffler shroud (including shipping). Brought
it in at 5pm on Friday. Taxi'd it back to my hangar by 5pm Saturday.

My worst case was 9 months for a (*@&#$ IA to just do the inspection. That was
my only annual inspection that was not owner-assisted.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)