Old June 17th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold[_3_]

Default What Good is a Standalone Borgelt B57? GPS?

On 6/17/2010 10:26 AM, ContestID67 wrote:
A friend bought a glider. It came with a Borgelt B57 in a box (not in
the glider). There is a Borgelt B50 vario still in the glider. From
what I read the B57 must have a B50 to function. Thus the B57 by
itself is useless. Right?

Also, I read in the manual about "GPS" but there are next to zero
details. I don't even see which pins that power is supplied, or the
voltage needed (comes from the B50?). Does anyone have a wiring
diagram for the Borgelt B57? To a GPS? To a PDA (if even
possible)? The manual on the Borgelt site isn't very illuminating.

Thanks, John DeRosa

I believe that the B50 and B57 are totally separate systems. The B57
has two units, one which is a vario gauge that takes its information
from the main unit. You can't use a B50 as the gauge for the B57.

You can output the B57 info to a PDA if the B57 has the right hardware.

Your best bet is to email Borgelt. He is pretty responsive.