Old June 2nd 12, 05:32 PM
Scott Owens Scott Owens is offline
Junior Member

I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with this nut.
He has threatened legal action against one of my clients for NOT selling him her aircraft. He would not meet her price and conditions so we moved on.

He didnt.

He has gone behind my back and is now sending her harassing emails.

I started to investigate this nut and found this thread.
I listen to it an it sure sounds like ole Vince to me.

Its is amazing that you all have accurately summed him up with only this tape to go on! This guy doesnt listen to anything you say and believes you aggree with everything he says.

I have been dealing with him since early March 2012 and you would not believe the emails we have received from him! So many I can hardly keep track of all of them!

ViperDoc wrote the following chilling assessment of this guy:
On the other hand he sounded like someone who was used to always having his own way, and that the "rules" couldn't possibly apply to someone as great as he thought he was.

So true. I could tell you tales!
And check out his email signature. Notice the credentials.

Vincent H. Smith ATP,CFI-I, CFAI, AGI, FAASTeam Eastern Region.
Cessna Sr. Training Pilot / Aircraft Pre-Buy Consultant
145 Beale Road
Sarver, PA 16055-9411
Airviewinc at juno.com 1st. OFFICE...724-295-9464(Wing) Cell 412-496-2248

The FAASTeam Eastern Region was added to only one email to my client when he was trying to convince her that he knew more about her plane than she did. It disappeared from all subsequent emails leading me to question its authenticity so I went to the FAAST site to search and he is not listed as a member.

Strange. Guess I just dont know how to search for stuff.

Ive been in this business for over 35 years and I have NEVER met anyone like this.
And threatening a woman!
What a punk.
And an idiot too since she happens to be an attorney!

Last edited by Scott Owens : June 3rd 12 at 04:54 AM.