Old November 27th 16, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

Default GP Gliders GP 14 Velo has finally FLOWN!!!

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 12:06:03 AM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
Will GP electric drive gliders be certified to aerotow with the boom deployed and the motor turned off? (Boom extended in case of PT3. Aerotow to save the battery charge for later in the flight.)

Has this been done before? Any german motorized gliders "certified" with engine deployed and not running? I've never heard of such a thing. Yes a FES is probably safer for towing, but FES and boom motor are apples and oranges. I'm curious to know you question reasoning.

Casey