Old June 12th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Caproni A-2

Nice tries, Paul, Bob, and Tim. But he is asking about the Caproni
A-2, not the A-21. If you go to page 2 of the "Biete Clubklasse" ads
on http://www.segelflug.de/cgi-bin/clas...lassifieds.cgi, you
will see the ad he is asking about.

Details
Caproni A2 mit Hanger
year 1968
total time 829
Marche I MISU
Basic instruments including radio
Spannweite 15m
Best glide ratio: 35
Asking 2.500 Euro

Sorry, George. I can't help you either. I remember Caproni made a
single seat version of the two seat A-21 (called the A-15, and flown
in the 1972 World Championships), and I seem to recall they might have
thought of making a 15 meter version (without the center section) of
the single seater. There is a book that was available from Raul
Blacksten titled "The Start of Gliding in Italy" by Vincenzo
Pedrielli. You might see if Raul has any more copies of the book, or
get in contact with the author directly.

Has the seller not been able to provide you with much information?

Steve Leonard
Wichita, KS USA