Old March 14th 17, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default All US Records are Now Motor Glider Records

On Tuesday, 14 March 2017 05:24:10 UTC+2, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Not so. Many MG pilots will routinely accept the risk of an outlanding if the
motor doesn't start, because always flying within reach of an airport can often be
very limiting. Occasionally, these pilots land in a field somewhere, and the extra
170 pounds in the fuselage does not ease the retrieve!

That's like saying I routinely take a chance of having flat tire while driving car. Doesn't really stop me driving anywhere I want.