Old March 21st 04, 02:32 AM
Greg Arnold

Mark:

It just took them 5 years to catch up with you. With any luck, they
won't assess taxes and penalties for the last 5 years.

Greg (paying property tax on his glider in Santa Barbara County)

Mark Navarre wrote:

Have received a letter from the tax assessor requesting location and value info
on my glider for the purpose of property tax assessment. I am curious, why
now? Since I have owned the glider almost 5 years already, I wonder if it took
that long for the County/State to catch up on the paperwork.
The letter refers to California revenue and tax code section 5362, and I have
reviewed the entire section 53xx and found no specific inclusion or exclusion
of gliders or sailplanes. I will of course be bringing this up with my tax
accountant, but wondered if any other glider owners have experienced a similar
situation?
-
Mark Navarre
2/5 black ace