Old April 30th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kobra

Default Fuel Flow and Peak EGT

What model engine? I often run LOP at those settings with a Lyc. O-360
F1A6.

I have an IO360 A1B6. I am embarrassed to say that I did not know, nor was
I ever taught, that below 65% power you could lean to peak without hurting
the engine. I have been wasting gas and money now since June of 2002. I am
really ashamed that I did not open my eyes. I just dismissed talk of LOP
and running at peak as bad advice without an engine analyzer. This is
because my instructor/A&P always said to run the engine 100 degrees ROP and
never to run LOP "because gas is cheaper than cylinders". I took his word
as gospel and have flown 75 to 100 degrees ROP ever since I bought my plane.

Even my type club said to me recently, "about 65% power and lean until your
hearts content..."

Thanks for all your help.

Kobra