Old January 5th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default FAA Part 61 & 141 FAQ's Gone!

Well, that's why I qualified it with a question of how much they get updated
before I made the suggestion. Do the Part 61 and Part 141 regs change *that*
much from year to year?

Marco

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
. ..
...and how do they get updated, Marco?

Bob Gardner

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message
How often did these documents change? Someone with a copy can send it

any
number of folks here with public websites (you listening Jay Honeck?

)
and have them post it there. Problem solved.

Marco

"Barry" wrote in message
nk.net...
You found a link, not the documents. If you can still find them, you
have

very magical computer, indeed! Try clicking on the link! While

several
links still exist throughout the FAA's web pages, they are invalid

links
and
the actual Part 61 and 141 documents have been removed from the FAA's

web
site. Moreover, AFS-800 has been told to stop working on them.. How

so
know? The day they disappeared, I called AFS-800 (202 267-3844) and
asked
them where the FAQ's had gone. I was told that the decision to remove

them
came from "upstairs," meaning either from the Administrator's Office or

from
the Director of Flight Standards. On 12-06-05, all DPE's who are

singned
up
for the Designee Notification System received the following email:

"To:
From: "FAA - Designee Notification System"
Sent by:
Date: 12/06/2005 12:35PM
Subject: FAQ Part 61 & 141

Where did the website go. The public relations folks wanted to be the

ones
answering all the questions presented to the FAA, so it was decided

that
the
FAQ's would be taken off the FAA website.

If you want this feature back on the FAA website send an email to the
director of Flight Standards requesting this.

OPS DESIGNEE NOTIFICATION SYSTEM"

"Scott Draper" wrote in message
Barry, how do you know? I can still find them he

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certific...on/airmen_FAQ/