Old October 11th 11, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Mio S501 GPS

Thanks for that additional information on LK8000. I haven't tried it yet,
but have the XCSoar working and now I'm having fun learning how to use it.
Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been too cooperative since I got it
working...

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 08:58:17 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

Thanks for some great help, Allan.

Last night, I spoke with Wells Morse and he helped me get the MIO
unlocked.

I'm now reviewing the XCSoar manual trying to get the Moriarty
turnpoints, terrain, and special use airspace files loaded. I'm sure
it's simply a matter of getting the file structure correct.

Don't confuse the two: LK8000 and XCSoar put files in completely
different places.

In LK8000 the various data files go into the appropriate subfolders in
the LK8000 folder (airspace into _Airspaces, turnpoints into _Waypoints,
maps into _Maps and the profiles (which hold your settings) are in
_Configuration

XCSoar puts the lot in the XCSoarData directory. I'd first try putting
XCSoarData in the root of the flash memory. If that doesn't work, try
moving it into the documents directory.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK