Old June 17th 04, 02:55 PM
Davdirect

Seems like about every year (normally right before Heli-Expo) the rumors start.
I'll believe it when I see it...though I think he would be wise to figure out
a way to make a 5 seat ship. I know a guy who flies tours and he has a B206
and an R44...he says he hardly ever flies the 44 cause there are very few
groups of 3 who want to fly, and never has a single flier to fill the 4th seat.
As to a turbine...Frank was quoted in a paper at Heli-Expo saying it's not out
of the question, but will certainly get away from the simplicity and
affordability that have sold a lot of ships for him in the past 20yrs. As for
getting out of the R22 biz, I doubt it...his dream was always to build an
affordable "personal helicopter"...he's sold tons of them...why walk away from
that and alienate all those customers?
Just an opinion
Dave