Old June 5th 05, 10:59 AM
Cub Driver

Jay, it's right he http://www.nasm.si.edu/visit/directions_uhc.cfm

(But you don't have to know where it is before you take a taxi to it.
Though you might want to ensure that the cabbie knows! New York is
infested with cabbies for whom both the city and the language is a
mystery.)

(And if you get a DC cab, settle the fare in advance. They don't use
meters in DC so that the Congress can set fares totheir advantage. VA
bans them from picking up fares, at least at Washington National, but
the cabbies used to hang around pretending to adjust things in the
trunk. Travelers in the know would get a cheap trip back into town.)

For my visit, see http://www.warbirdforum.com/udvarhaz.htm

On 4 Jun 2005 14:37:50 -0700, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

I've been using the trial version of Keyhole (a VERY cool program,
available for download at http://www.keyhole.com/) to explore Dulles
International, in a vain attempt to figure out how in the world I'm
supposed to taxi to the Udvar-Hazy Center.

See http://www.alexisparkinn.com/DullesFromKeyhole.jpg

Can any of you DC-ites tell me where, on that photo, the Center is?

Thanks,

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: