Old July 19th 05, 06:16 AM
tony roberts

I'll agree that we should all do it the same way -
as long as it's my way

Place the pointer over the waypoint - hold it down for 2 seconds - Done!

Who needs all this DD MM SS stuff - get a GPS with charts!

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article .com,
"Doug" wrote:

GPS is great. It's revolutionized small plane navigation. But one thing
that bugs me is that there are two or even possibly three ways of
entering a GPS waypoint.
DD MM SS Degrees minutes seconds which is how we were taught in
school
DD MM.XX Degrees minutes and 10ths and 100ths of minutes
DD.XXXX Some genius has Degrees and decimals of degrees.

I think the first way DD MM SS is the best but I could live with the
second way. But whatever we do, CAN WE GET EVERYONE TO AGREE ON ONE
METHOD!!! If it hasn't already caused an accident I bet it will. Also
search and rescue position reporting etc foulups are easily caused by
this.