Old March 22nd 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Lonely up there?

In a previous article, Matt Whiting said:
I can always tell when things are slow at ELM ... they will hand me off
to tower and clear me to land when I'm still 20 miles away. No kidding.

I got that at ROC a week ago. I was cleared to land minutes after leaving
Batavia, and I still couldn't see the airport. I was 15 nm away according
to the GPS.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Some days violence is just a nice quick solution to a problem that