Old September 8th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Default scrudges, scootches, &C &C

jan olieslagers wrote:
Dan schreef:
Steve Hix wrote:
In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

"Skosh" is the pidgen English derivation of the Japanese "sukoshi",
which means "just a little bit" or "a small portion".

A scooch is 1/4 skosh.

Metric or imperial skosh?

This has been one of the most instructive threads ever, round here.
Thanks to all! Next time at the bar of my local airport I will
definitely sound like the expert I always knew myself to be.

And my next homebuilt project will fly like a - ehhm what was it -
scroodge? scurge? scgodre? sgootsh?

OK, now you are into an entirely different terminology. Flying terms
starting with "sc" include scuzzy which refers to as unclean and thus
draggy or poor handling. Not to be confused with a scuzzy pilot.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired