Old September 21st 03, 12:04 AM
Ed Majden

"Gordon"
My point was that Ernst Heinkel did not build operational day fighters,

with
the exception of the He 162 which did not officially score any victories.
Earlier attempts at fielding fighters met with failure on Ernst's part -

even
the superlative He 219, which could well have been built as a day

'Zerstroyer'
was only built in small numbers as a nightfighter.

Gordon:
I don't have anymore details other than what was in the paper. I wonder
if the Heinkel that is refered to is not a fighter but a recon type. Wasn't
the He 114 (1939) a sea based recon type? Reporters are notorious for
getting things wrong! If I go to the Air Museum at 19 Wing Comox I'll ask
for more details.
Ed