Old September 25th 04, 05:21 PM
Marco Rispoli

"Karl Treier" wrote in message
I have sevral issues with this rule...

1) How do Citizens prove that they are if they were not born in the US,

ie:
1st generation Citizens.

2) This rule treats Green Card holders no different from Visa holders, are
we saying the policy of issuing Green Cards is so lax and insecure that

they
must be treated this way?

3) I doubt as a Green Card holder i'll get any CFI or Flight School to

touch
me now. There goes hopes of getting my IFR cert.

4) This will impact the GA economy

Nice to see the AOPA considers itself only a body for Citizens and not

their
non-Citizen members. I may well cancel my membership

I hear you loud and clear. Me and a few other "Dirty Immigrants" green card
holders have sent an email to AOPA (more than one in my case) to solicit
information as to WHY are they not lobbying for us.

I am thinking the same thing you are thinking. What am I paying AOPA for?
Since from their point of view I am a class-B member.

To some extent I am even willing to understand the TSA (I don't approve of
it, it's stupid, since when we got the Green Card we were background checked
up the whazoo). But AOPA??

Sent two emails yesterday. One to Phil Boyer and the other one to the
regional AOPA representative for my area ...

If I hear anything I will post it here.

This is election-year bull****. Plain and simple. Otherwise, why are they
coming out with this rule NOW when 9/11 was 3 years ago? Were we hanky-dory
for 3 years? What's different now other than the elections are coming up?

Give me a break.

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA / PP-ASEL
My on-line aviation community - http://www.thepilotlounge.com