Old March 20th 04, 01:50 PM

F-84s were used as MiGs in a couple of Korean War era movies, "Sabre
Jet" for one, IIRC. I think that in these times, movie folks would have
their pick of any Soviet a/c, by either buying or renting from any of
the former Soviet forces. I read an article once where some movie used a
B-26 painted in Jap. markings. There was some Czech, IIRC, movie about
30 odd years ago that used a C-47/DC-3 modified to look like a
Wellington. I read it in an old Air Int. or Enthusiast. Also, IIRC, in
"The Great Escape", the a/c in question was Bucker Bu-?? or its later
built Czech version. The German fighters parked at the airfield were
AT-6s. I also recall a movie back in he '70s that used AT-6s/SNJs to
represent FW-190s & P-47s. ISTR the rear section of canopies were
removed & replaced with a 'razorback' sort of fairing & painted
appropriately. Don't forget the Pumas modified to look like Hind Ds in
"Red Dawn" & later less modified in a "Rambo" movie.