Old August 9th 03, 07:53 AM
Ben Jackson

In article k.net,
Cooper Randy wrote:
Anybody out there have enough hours on an overhaul using new ECI Cermi-Nil
cylinders to write home about?

I nearly bought a Comanche with an O-540 with 300 hours since a field
overhaul to new limits with Cermi-Nil in 1996. It had flown about
50 hours each of the first 6 years and then sat for a year and a
half. The last annual after the 50h/yr period had one cylinder down
to 65/80 and the rest in the low-mid 70s. The "fresh annual" done
after it had gone on sale, and after having flown only about 6 hours
in 14 months had better compressions on all jugs (for whatever that's
worth), but after it flew for about 3 more hours and I had my prebuy
done the worst was down to 63/80 and low 70s. Most of that sitting
around was done on clean oil, since the idle period started with an
annual. The oil still looked brand new when I did my test flight.
Obviously it didn't fly enough at the end to say anything meaninful
about oil consumption.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/