Old March 2nd 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Parachute Accessory

I recently purchased a hook knife to use while paragliding but I also
intend to carry it when wearing my parachute in the sailplane. This
will allow a chance of cutting free from the parachute after landing
in extreme conditions. Some hook knives are better than others and I
have learned that the hook knife of choice is made by Benchmade Knife
Company, www.benchmade.com . I purchased the Hook7 but they make other
hook knife designs that would work. I heard that hook knives that have
double razor type blades can jam. The Hook7 has a single cutting edge
that cannot be jammed.
Steve