Old December 27th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default spins from coordinated flight

Jose wrote:
A "normal" turn is accomplished by splitting the lift vector, NOT by
holding in yaw. Yaw should only be present in the turn dynamic during
the entry into the turn and exit from the turn.

Ok, then what exactly is "yaw"? My understanding is that it is a change
of direction of the longitudinal axis of the aircraft in the plane that
is roughly coplanar with the wings.

Yaw, as we define the term in flight test as it relates to directional
stability is defined as moments about the VERTICAL axis, not the
longitudinal axis. These moments also relate to Yaw Angle, Yaw Rate, and
Sideslip Angle.

--
Dudley Henriques