Old August 1st 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products,rec.aviation.student
Kobra[_1_]

Default David Clark 13.4

"AliR" wrote in message
How do you like the Bose compared to the DC 13.4? I have a DC 10-13XL
that

They are lighter and more comfortable than any headset I have owned. I like
the look of them better than any other headset. The ANR is about the same
as my old Lightspeed 30-3G's so that is a wash. The sound quality of the
Bose X is a bit superior than the DC's or the Lightspeeds and I listen to
music using an MP3 or the 396's XM Radio on any flight 20 minutes. So
that is important to me.

The one thing I hated about the LS's is that in the winter time the foam
seals became cement-like and was very uncomfortable until they warmed up
considerably. I don't know if the Bose seals are like that. Maybe someone
else with experience can comment on that. I don't think the DC's gel seals
ever did that.

Do I think they are worth the extra 400.00 over other headsets with more
features, like cell/music input and built in EQ. Hmmm....no. But look...I
bought them for some reason. I just haven't done enough introspection to
figure it out yet.

Kobra